Saturday, March 26, 2016

kiln fire #15

I'm learning a little bit more with each kiln load. Every new bead, box or bowl is a new experience. A person could spend a lifetime learning ceramics, I feel. And still have more to learn. I've only just begun. 
The clay process is soul-feeding, and also very humbling. These results are from my 15th kiln load. White stoneware clay, slow fire, cone 5. Total fire time was 13 hours and 47 minutes with a 10 and a half hour cool down. I opened the kiln at 110 degrees and these are a few of my findings... 

I would be grateful for any feedback or comments on what pulls you in or gets your attention about these objects. I'm torn between wanting a straight edge polished professional look and the rugged earthiness of a wild heart and free hand. Maybe at some point my work will meet in the middle.

another lidded box.. 
 

new bead sets...I'll be pairing these up and listing next week @ www.ArtandSoul.com

 a couple of before and after shots...

 
These items were started sometime in late January, or early February. So, almost 2 months from start to finish. It's a very long process and can be difficult to hold ones attention on. But the day you open the kiln to see the results of all your work, feels like a child on Christmas morning.

And I begin again...
If you'd like more info on when these items will be for sale or when new items become available you may sign up here.
Look for new listings March 30th.

peace and blessings,














9 comments:

  1. my jaw dropped - holy cow these are beautiful. the lidded boxes, vessels? must have one. cindy - these are very very special. i want to see every single finished piece - and i love love love the matte neutrals! you are a natural -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I very much appreciate that! This is all new to me, but I am loving it so far!

      Delete
  2. you have to show us the other lidded vessel - those flowers! your rustic aesthetic shows through clearly. well done. really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just one with the flowers. That's the one with aqua and red... Thank you! :-D

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous boxes and beads! I loved your work, always have! Awesome job Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you Donna! I appreciate that! :-D

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous boxes and beads! I loved your work, always have! Awesome job Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love everything! I'm drawn to the rustic handmade non-straight edges myself. I want to own pieces that show the handmade work, not straight 'machine' edges etc. Each curve, each little rustic detail is divine. Beautiful and soothing. LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nathalie! That is very kind of you to say. I appreciate it so much. :-)

      Delete

Create A More Humane Society

  We are on a mission to create a more humane society and we need your help.  Take the pledge today! http://ow.ly/Zl9b30fL...