Follow by Email

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Words Have Power.

https://www.artandsouljewelry.com/collections/personalized-jewelry

I recently read a blog post that indicated words don't have a place in jewelry. I respectfully disagree. 

I began my adventure into the world of jewelry way back in the mid 90's. I think from the beginning I was drawn to the idea and ability to add words to my creations. 

I made millefiori canes from colorful polymer clay. Each one, once done, concluded with me cutting off the end to see the results of my labor. Those cane ends now fill a box. Some of those ends held words of power, of inspiration for me personally. I kept them around my work table and spent long hours looking at them while I rolled more beads, cut more canes and kneaded pound after pound of clay. 
In those hours of work, I realized at some point that these words held power and I knew they were becoming ingrained with me. I realized that these words, as simple as they are, were inspiring me. I felt it.

20 years ago a friend made this box for me, and I still love it! What a fitting place to keep my collection of cane ends

So yes, words have power, words belong anywhere we want to put them to inspire our spirits and better our well-being. Be it on the wall, hanging from our rear-view mirrors in the car or from our ear lobes. 


To remind us to breathe... 
lotus breathe necklace (sold)
To inspire love... 
Love necklace (mto)
If you disagree, that is okay. Those who don't get it, don't get it. Not all of us will see the same thing even when looking at the same very same thing. 
healing spirit earrings (sold, mto)
For those who have had a broken heart, a loss of breath, a wounded soul, I offer you these healing spirit earrings. (sold)

A reminder that you are not broken, you are healing. Healing takes work and Love. And reminding.

I hear some say that words are too direct. Too over-used. Especially the word breathe. I use this word and I use it often. For me, it holds meaning

If something resonates with you, use it. Wear it.

Yoga teaches us how important our breath is and how to use it for our benefit and for our well-beingLearning to use your breath for healing and for good is an art. 

I leave you with a thought, a question. What is important to you? What word(s) do you want to share with the world? What will you bring to others to inspire and uplift? 

New in the shop, LOVE earrings. All silver.
 
 
Use your powers for good. 

https://www.artandsouljewelry.com/

 

2 comments:

  1. I loved your "words" and I love your word jewelry messages. You do create the most beautiful things---a pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn. It's just something that speaks to me creatively. I appreciate your comments! Cindy :-)

      Delete

Drilling Sea Glass for Jewelry

Drilling glass is something I thought I would never do. Never wanted to do, never thought I could do. But after col...